"Why You Should Choose A 'Content Management System' (CMS) Website Over A Static Website"
Have you ever created a website and then realized that you need to update it to meet your business needs?
Do you know that over 70% of websites online are not updated regularly, or do NOT have the ability to be updated at the push of a button?
Can you update and manage your website without technical training?
Do you realize that a website that is NOT updated, looks old or out-of-date is a big TURN-OFF for potential clients for your business? How much money are you leaving behind?
More and more websites go live every day, many without the ability to be updated once going live. Here we look at why content management systems can reduce your website costs AND improve the way your business operates online.
An introduction to Web Design problems
Many people hire graphic and website designers to create fancy, flashy websites that may look great initially but do NOTHING to bring in the sales. These flashy websites cost a few thousand dollars but are NOT:
- optimized for the search engines
- easy to update and maintain
- easy to customize for future applications
- implementing professional copywriting
- implementing direct-response or call-to-action from your potential customer
- optimized for people with slower computer or internet connections. Websites heavy in graphics, flash and scripts that take forever to load up causes frustration and makes your customer leave your website
A business is meant to generate cashflow – and your website is usually one of the 1st points of contact for potential clients looking for your product/service.
“The average web surfer takes just 4 seconds to decide if
the website is of interest. If they don’t like what they see in the first few seconds,
they will click away from your website”
What is a static website?
A website which is built using a software such as Dreamweaver or FrontPage, which cannot be edited without using the software or knowing HTML coding. All information on the page is stored as HTML and the pages will not contain any server side scripting (such as PHP, ASP etc)
Content management system (CMS)
A content management system (CMS) is a system used to manage the content of a Web site.
Basically, a CMS gives non-technical users the ability to change and maintain their website without needing any knowledge of web coding. They will generally be accessible from anywhere using a web browser and have an editor interface similar to standard word processors such as Microsoft Word (these are termed WYSIWYG editors).
An example of one of our client’s CMS website: www.cottoncare.com.sg
Why you need content management for your website
We have identified the pros and cons of each of the options available to businesses choosing to redesign their websites.
Joomla! is a award-winning Content Management System (or "CMS") which enables easy control and editing of the content and presentation of your website. With Joomla!, you can do things like:
Edit the content of every page of your site through a word processor-style interface.
(if you can use MS Word or send emails, you can use Joomla!)
Add new pages to your site using a point-and-click interface.
Add images and other media through Web-based uploads.
Control site elements like navigation menus and page layout.
Many additional functions are available within Joomla!'s default user interface. Essentially, Joomla! removes the need to have a "geek" involved in the day-to-day management of your Web site content.
If you are able to surf the Web, interact with Web-based forms and interfaces, and handle basic desktop computing tasks, you will be able to use the Joomla! interface to manage the content of your Web site.
Taking Joomla! to the Next Level
Joomla! does a great job of managing the content needed to make your website sing. Here are just some examples of the hundreds of available Joomla! Extensions and applications:
Dynamic form builders
Business or organizational directories
Image and multimedia galleries
E-commerce and shopping cart engines
Forums and chat software
Calendars & Task schedulers
Data collection and reporting tools
Banner advertising systems
Subscription servicesand many, many more…
AdVantage SEO web design CMS Package
Maximize your ROI. No More wasting valuable money on websites that do not bring you results.
We integrate Search Engine Optimization into your web design to ensure you are visible in the search engines quickly!
Conceptualisation and Development of Website
- Design of user interface elements and look and feel.
- Design of user interface elements and look and feel.
- Content creation, image layout into CMS template
- Administrator Module with Content Management Engine
- System will provide a back end administrator module for the website administrator to login and maintain all information.
- Add/Delete/Edit Website contents (Text, Pictures, etc) from any Web Browser (eg. Internet Explorer) at any PC with no programming skills required.
- Upload/edit /remove pictures anytime, anywhere, anyway you like it. Your own image/photo gallery.
- Create Unlimited site pages.
- Create navigation menu anyway you like it with as many pages as you want, as and when you like it.
- Website Manager with Traffic Monitor (Hits Counter)
- On-Site Search Engine (Allow visitors to search for web contents using keywords)
- D.I.Y. No Future Website contents update charges – Money Saver!
- “Step-by-step” Instruction Included
- Training for Site Administrator available (Max. 1 person)
- Blog (Wordpress)
Request For an appointment
At AdVantage SEO, we can help you create & design beautiful yet functional websites.
For more information on how to take your business online, or make-over your existing website, contact AdVantage SEO today or call us on +65 9450 0295.
P.S: Imagine your website impressing your clients and prospects, being the pride of your company and having everyone talking about how professional it looks. Not only that, it increases your revenue by taking your business global, online. Contact us today!
Generally cheaper to implement initially on a smaller scale
Good for smaller companies as there is no need for any management system; it is the responsibility of one person
More flexibility is available as you are not restricted to any templated layout